How loud is that? A comic on audio levels, decibels and sound.
- Sound level is measured in edibles which is usually shortened to dB.
- Normal conversation is usually at a level about 60dB.
- A crowded room might be as loud as 70dB
- A +10dB increase in level equates to a perceived doubling of volume.
- At 120dB a rock concert is very loud, 64 times louder than normal conversation.
- 0dB is not silence, it is the quietest sound most people can hear.
How Loud Is That 1
An article and comic on how loud sounds are in decibels.